Sunday 16 December 2012

Mixed Emotions

At the end of this week John and I fly to Dehli for a tour of Northern India by plane, train and automobile to achieve a celebratory goal set 25 years ago.  John visited India as a teenager and his mixed experiences and memories captured our desire to visit the sights and romantic Taj Mahal.  Infact we have been 'saving' Air Miles (now Avios) for this trip since my first paper collection from Debenhams way back when.  I had talked my Mum & Dad into buying luggage for their holiday to earn 100 miles.  Thanks for another great start M & D!

Why Christmas and New Year?  Why indeed?  At the beginning of this year it seemed such a sensible idea, grab the moment, Tom and Emma grown up with plans of their own and a good time to close our business in the seasonal holiday.  Don't get me wrong, I absolutely can't wait to go, but with a stone in my heart, because now it seems like a massive wrench going away at the most of close of family times.

A few weeks ago, walking past the local festive Clitheroe shops it felt strange not to have the urge to buy another bauble.  I have missed the experience of pulling out the boxes of tree adornments and home made trimmings each significant of the last 25 years of marriage and family life.

We could go away at any other time of year with the usual send off's, but at this time of year, now it is real, it truly is a big deal.  So, maybe this is our Christmas message and one which will serve to enrich us this Christmas and future ones.

Spread the warmth of the Christmas season to all those around you and make this world a beautiful place to live in. Merry Christmas and a Happy New year!

Happy John having purchased his holiday camera lens
I am writing this blog for Tom and Emma to keep up with our travels (hopefully, depending on how convenient we find it to get online) - drop in and catch up or switch me off if I'm being a yawn (that last bit isn't for you T & E, or you know I'll have to repeat the whole holiday in January!)
 
 

1 comment: