Sunday 23 September 2012

What a Pickle

You know those times when everything happens at all at once?

As mentioned previously my house is in a state - fireplace renovated and now I'm decorating, Tom is half in/out as he prepares to leave to study his Masters at Nottingham and then there are the green tomatoes I picked a week ago when blight was about to set in.

Sheesh! What a lot if chopping, in the 2 hours I thought I'd have another coat of paint added I was still finely chopping my tomatoes, shallots & peppers. Makes you realise that in the past, Mum's at home weren't necessarily playing with the kids with so much manual chopping & washing to do.

Back in the living room the walls are looking good and the woodwork almost ready for a shiny coat of new paint.

I know we've reached chaos point in my house when John says nothing, but gets out the ironing board to reduce one chore.  Darn it, I didn't take a photo!

No comments:

Post a Comment