Thursday 20 December 2012

Holiday hints

We're topped up with friendly advice and information for our trip:

Have we had our jabs? (yes but apparently one was in a dodgy batch and they can't repeat it so soon anyway just in case it's fine!)
Don't drink the water
No ice in drinks
Don't give out our PIN numbers (!)
Don't eat ice cream
Squeeze lemon juice on salad
Open your own bottles & tins

And my personal reassuring favourite - "do you know the world is going to end tomorrow? You could be in the air when it happens". whoopee!

All great worldly advice, but no one offers "check you know how to use your answer machine" to avoid a 2 hour delay going home. At 7pm by the time I'd repeated my cheery Christmas & New Year message 5 times the spirit of my joy was waning!

Fortunately, mainly out of excitement and impatience I set my 'out of office' email reply earlier in the afternoon. Jolly good thing too as that took a couple of hours of sending messages to myself on different addresses to be convinced I have achieved success.

No comments:

Post a Comment